Database Tuning & Optimization
An automotive retailer needed to improve and tune their database performance and undersized memory.
ILW doubled the memory setting for production OLTP database and report server and added more CPUs to report server to “cool off” the CPU load. Both servers were changed to optimize the type of workload, and duplicate indexes were removed for performance improvement. In addition, our engineers reallocated space to move user acceptance testing and free up additional production space.
- Increased total memory from 59GB to 180GB
- Reduced database contention by reducing parallel queries
- Adjusted indexes to reduce deadlocks
- Provided recommendations for future optimization opportunities
Tuning and optimizing the database enabled the retailer to significantly improve point of sale quality and speed
- Point of sale customer transactions
- On-Prem Microsoft SQL Server
- Performance Tuning Best Practices
- Processor CPU for analysis
- SQL programming language